Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Goodbye to Ipsy and my last Box Contents


I know this sounds like a rant against Ipsy but I truly do think they kick ass and are probably the best bang for $10 you will find, but I loved in my I don't know what the hell to do with this stuff drawer and found that it contained mostly Ipsy products which is why I decided to take this off my 20 plus list of monthly subscriptions. Some other great things about Ipsy; they ship fast, you will almost always get a full size product and you will always get a bag full of products worth well over $10. My big gripe about many beauty boxes is that sometimes you only get product that is equal to what you paid. Now that isn't a good deal, especially if the stuff sucks.

I am parting ways with some of my beauty subscriptions and I decided I was putting Ispy (who was Glam Bag when I started with them) as one I could live without. I'm finding that in my old age of 31 that I don't quite relate to Ipsy as much as some other beauty boxes. They are a little too sparkly, shimmery and bright for me. And for anyone who knows me, that is really fucking sparkly because I will sport shimmer all day long. That being said I have learned over the years that you cannot or rather should not put on teal eyeshadow, bright pink lip gloss, bronzer, multi colored nails and bling all on together, you end up looking like you just stepped out of a fly girls video via the early 90's and while I have great respect for those feisty divas I have no desire to sport their look unless absolutely appropriate and I am still anxiously awaiting that day.

I also do not care for cheap products, even if they are full size. I don't like NYX or yabi and I don't think it is a great win to get a full size NYX eye shadow in bright blue sparkle shimmer. If I wanted these products I'd go to Wal-Mart and purchase them for $2.27.

I do have to thank Ipsy for introducing me to Bombshell which may vey well be the best liquid eyeliner ever made. And finally, I end my Ipsy subscription with this fucking fantastic bag of goodness.

  •  Zoya full size polish in a pale blue, beautiful!
  • Macadamia Hair Oil, I've received this previously and it's yummy.
  • Juicy Beauty full size reflective gloss in a pretty pink. I love Juicy Beauty, score!
  • Pacifica Bronzing Butter in coconut, yum but I try not to do shimmer on my body on a regular basis. I would have very much enjoyed the other option which was the St. Tropez Body Lotion because I have only tried their self tanners. 
  • And last a refill concealer from Yabi which I find weird. Over the last few months I have received several refills from Yabi and it isn't as if we ever got some kind of container that we were supposed to house they products in. 
  • And lastly, a cute little chevron print bag. Perfect summer colors :)



No comments:

Post a Comment